The 3 most-asked questions about auto shipping
Customers often have a lot of questions about auto shipping and its process. Would it surprise you to know that three questions, especially, are among the most asked?
It’s understandable that there are a lot of questions involved when considering shipping your car to another state – or another country. Most people have similar concerns. So before you ask, let us answer:
- Should I even be using an auto shipping service? There are many times when “drive it yourself” is not a good idea. Fluctuating fuel costs, road hazards, and weather conditions are just a few examples. So consider this: people use auto shipping for many reasons. Some of them are moving to a distant state and they want to avoid putting hundreds (or thousands) of miles on their car. College students may choose not to drive to their far-away school. Families are relocating due to a new job, and a cross-country auto trip with several young children would present more stress than necessary. Car dealerships transport both new and used vehicle to their lots via auto shipping services. If you’re among these groups, then you should be considering using DIY Transport to carry your car to your destination. Get More Info.
- How Much Does it Cost to Ship a Car? This is perhaps the most commonly asked question in the auto shipping industry. The answer is that there are a variety of factors that play into your auto shipping quote, including your pickup and dropoff locations, the size of the vehicle, and if you prefer open or enclosed auto shipping. However, we can offer some ballpark figures, just to give you an idea:
- If you ship a light car from Houston to Chicago, for example, you can expect to pay around $500.
- If you ship a car from Boston to Los Angeles, you’ll be looking at roughly $1,000.
To get the most accurate auto transport quote, consider using our quote calculator on the DIY Transport website.
- When Will my Shipment Arrive? When you contract to ship a car, you’l be given a delivery window for when you can expect your shipment. We say “window” because we take into account the possibility of delays caused by things like construction or inclement weather. An auto shipping carrier will travel roughly 500 miles per day, so you can take this into account when figuring out an approximate date for your delivery.
Contact DIY Transport if you have specific questions about auto shipping. Contact us today for your auto transport quote and more by calling 800-266-2202.